Wednesday, August 24, 2011

i love this girl....


what can i say... i love this little 4 year old of mine.... miss madeline is 4 months shy of turning the big "5" which means that i have one more year before she starts kindergarten... tear!  i'm so glad i have another year to prepare for that.  i decided to put madeline into a preschool that is just right around the corner from our house.  i must say that as a little girl i never went to preschool... my feelings are that each child is different and have different needs.  this little madeline of mine has major anxiety when it comes to being away from her mama.... she doesn't like going anywhere without her mom.  going to friends house, primary and even staying at her grandparents without me is a struggle.... let just say she is a "mini me" where she tends to worry a lot...  
all summer madeline would tell me... "i'm not going to preschool".... i would just leave it at that and not push the issue.  so the day before she was supposed to start preschool i brought it up... i took her over to "miss lindsay's" house to check it out where her preschool would be.  she was very timid and shy but slowly started to open up.  as we were walking back to the car.... madeline said... "ya, i want to go"  she was so excited and talked it about it the rest of the evening.  we went and bought madeline her very first backpack... "hello kitty" was her choice.
this morning madeline was so excited to go... before we left we said a prayer together.  those moments of just praying one on one together are such precious moments...  i was fighting back the tears.  i dropped miss madeline off and she was as happy as can be.  as i walked away i was so proud of her that she was so brave to go...  how far we have come! when i picked up madeline she told me all about her day!
let's just say... her first day at preschool was a "success" and as her mother i couldn't have been more proud of her.  i love this madeline of mine more then words can say....



2 comments:

  1. She's such a darling thing. I agree with you; every child is different. I never went to pre-school and was just fine for it. I put Ethan in, though, and think it will be a good experience for him. Let's hope this is a great year for our soon-to-be 5-year-olds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing it's always a little harder for Mama. At least that's how it is for me. Now that Devin is 16 he occasionally reminds me that I can't hang on forever. I just want to slap his face when he tells me those things. :) I love reading about those beautiful girls of yours.

    ReplyDelete